The personal statement should be written carefully, because it provides you a great opportunity to sell yourself. You have to write your skills and attributes to get desired benefits. You can divide your mission statement in two segments, including:
- Keep your mission statement general and comprehensive
- Responsive all questions very specifically
Write your mission statement in general and comprehensive way according to your selected field. Sometimes, few specific questions are asked in the business and school applications, therefore you have to write you in the statement in a specific way.
Answer Different Questions Before Writing
If you want to make your personal statement more effective, try to answer following questions in more specific way:
- What is very special, unique and impressive in your life?
- Write details about your history, family problems, events, people and goals of your life?
- Why are you interested in this field and how you learn about the profession? What is your motivation to further stimulate your interest and reinforce your verdict that you can perform well in this field?
- What you have learnt during your education and detail any specific skills that may contribute in the growth of the organization?
- What are your career goals?
- Explain any discrepancies and gaps in your academic records as well as GPA pattern?
- What are your personal characteristics, including integrity, compassion and persistence that may help you to show growth in this profession?
- Have you had any experience to overcome any unusual obstacles and hardships, such as family problems, physical and economic problems in your life?
- What skills do you have, including leadership, analytical and communicative?
- Why you are a stronger candidate for this job, and how you can perform more effectively in the field as compared to other applicants?
- Give most compelling reason for your interest in this profession or organization?
Write an Impressive Story
You have to write an impressive story to demonstrate your concrete experience. You have to persuade the reader with your story so keep it fresh, live and unique. It is important to distinguish yourself with the help of your powerful words to make your story memorable.
Try to be As Specific As Possible
Do not write only that you can become a perfect manager; write some solid reasons and experiences to back it up. Try to give logical reasons to describe your statement. Conclude your story with logical reasons to back it up.
Focus on Opening Paragraph
The opening paragraph is really important, because it is a great chance to grab the attention of reader. It will serve as a framework of your rest of the personal statement.
Elaborate Your Qualifications in Middle Section
You can explain your interests and experiences in the middle section regarding your selected field. Try to be as specific as possible, and explain everything that you have complete understanding about the field. Use professional language to convey your information and refer your experiences, additional classes, seminars and training. Write the names of books relevant to your field that you have read to increase your knowledge about the field.
Here is preview of a Free Personal Statement Template created by our staff using MS Word 2013,
Here is download link for this Personal Statement Template,