If you work in a company or run your own business, you understand the idea when a single person or a team of directors is responsible to make a decision and choosing strategies for the business, it’s not possible for them to go through each proposal and report because they simply don’t have enough time for these lengthy reports reviewing. A report, whether it’s a proposal for a new business or a progress summary about an existing project, it’s very common that it will consist of several pages which are all very important for the reader to read. But the problem is that when the CEO of a company is the one who makes all the decisions, he just doesn’t have enough time to read these lengthy reports and business proposals. So the solution is to convert the lengthy report into a much shorter version or an overview that includes all the key points of the original one. This shortened version of a report is called an executive summary which is exclusively written to save the luxurious time of upper management and directors of a company.
Executive Summary of Crisis Management:
Crisis management is an organizational process or tool that helps businesses and companies to foresee upcoming problems and threats to the business and take essential steps to overcome those issues before it’s too late. Basically, a company faces two types of crisis; natural and artificial. Natural crisis includes floods, earthquakes, and land sliding whereas artificial disasters include everything that is caused by humans or other living beings. These types of reports are very lengthy and usually include about 10 to 20 pages for locating and describing the problem and suggesting solutions for it. But those superiors or high-level management that have the authority to make any final decision won’t have time for these lengthy reports and proposals. So they prepare executive summaries for crisis management.
Free Crisis Management Plan Template:
Check out the preview of our Executive Summary Template for Crisis Management created using MS Word.
Here is the download button for this free Executive Summary Template for Crisis Management.
General Guidelines to create a Crisis Management Executive Summary:
- Purpose: The first and key element to include in this summary is allocating the main purpose of writing this report and the basic idea behind all this. Here you define all the aspects and different points of view about a lengthy crisis management report.
- Planning: Here you describe the planning you or your team has made to overcome the upcoming troubles in the company. There is no need to provide everything because that will just kill the idea of preparing this summarized report. You just need to provide a little something about everything.
- Adopted procedures: At this point, you mention the strategies that you have made along with your management to foresee the upcoming problem and solve it. This way you provide an overview of your planning to the reader who, then decides if he is satisfied with it or if there is something that needs to be changed.
- Reason for the Crisis Occurring: Here you describe in short what went wrong in the past which caused this trouble or crisis in the company and what steps the company should take to eliminate this kind of uncommon situation in the future.
- Suggestions: In the end, after the reader has read the entire summary, you provide your suggestions according to your thinking and experience. You should provide these suggestions at the end so that the reader can compare them to his own conclusions.