In this post, we are going to share with you a helpful picnic table plan template, so that you can easily create your own quickly.
Types and Shapes of Picnic Tables:
Common plans for picnic tables include the following types and shapes:
- One Piece Picnic Table: It is very obvious from the title that this table has only one piece and the table top and benches are joined together in one piece. High pressured lumber is used for building this table and the wood panels are put together with nails, bolts, and wood glue. This way it is very easy to lift and take it to another place because there are no moving or additional parts in it.
- Three-Piece Picnic Table: This is the most common type of table that is used these days and you can find this table anywhere around the world. This table is built in three pieces; one table and two benches. Sometimes people build four benches for each side of the table where two benches are common full size and the other two smaller sized with shorter height for kids.
- Kid’s Picnic Table: It is obvious that kids usually can’t sit on an adult or full-size picnic table as they can’t reach the table while sitting on the bench because of the gap for adults. This is why when people buy a picnic table; they usually buy another for their kids. A kid’s table is smaller and shorter in size and it has fewer gaps in the bench and tabletop so that kids can easily reach the food on the table. You can buy kids’ picnic tables in both wood and metal but due to sharp edges and possible corrosion problems, it is better to have a wood picnic table for kids as it has a very smooth top and round corners and edges.
- Wooden Picnic Table: This is the most common type of picnic table that is used these days and preferred by most people around the world. The reason why people prefer wooden picnic tables is that it’s cost-effective and usually one can buy them for less than $150 around the world. Also, the wood when painted with a good primer and varnish is a very good resistance to open weather. Also if the table breaks in any way, it is very easy to replace the wooden panels or legs with new pairs. As because it’s made of wood, it is not that heavy either so it is very easy to pick and change its position.
- Metal Picnic Table: These picnic tables aren’t very famous and most people don’t prefer buying a metal table for picnic purposes. The first reason is that this table is too heavy and you can’t take it to another place or pick it up yourself. Also, the metal itself is very delicate and if you use it in an open space, it is soon attacked by corrosion and rust on the edges and joints. Also, metal is very expensive compared to the wood so most people don’t buy metal picnic tables due to its cost.
Free Picnic Table Plan Template:
Here’s the preview of our Picnic Table Plan Template created using MS Word.
The download button for this Picnic Table Plan Template is here.