Press releases are official announcements that are stated by companies and organizations to print, television and radio media. A press release can be both factual and address to some specific population or it can be a general announcement of a new product for the whole world. Some companies use it to announce changes in their companies or businesses where the others use it as a mean of advertisement for a new or upcoming product. Most companies ask within their organization to write a press release but some also hire an outsource agency which writes it for them. A press release is type of an article which contains number of different information about the company, a product or a service which it’s offering.
A perfect press release contains a lot of ingredients and you should do a number of tasks before you compose the actual press release. Things such as:
- A little research about the people who will receive it and read it.
- According to the selected population, selection of the appropriate keywords.
- Putting some benefits for the readers in the press release.
- Creating a mind blowing and unique headline.
- Adding photos to make it more interesting as the visuals capture attention quickly.
- Proofreading as much times as it’s possible.
- Contacts addresses i.e. email address or phone number, at the end so that readers can contact you.
Press Release Templates
Press Release Template is a MS Word Template that allows your to quickly create professional looking Linear Press Release. Here is its preview,
Checkout its download link bellow:
Sample Press Release Template
Here is another useful Press Release Template in MS Word that can provide you a foundation to kick start writing your own Press Release effectively.
Please click on the download link bellow to start downloading this template.
General Tips to write a Perfect Press Release:
- First and the most important thing is, to put a unique and attractive headline. The headline is the first thing that the reader notices and it’s the same thing that convinces him to read the entire paragraph(s).
- There is no need to contextual situation and you should get to the point right in the beginning of the first paragraph. Most people won’t have that much time to understand the main purpose of theme of the press release and some of them won’t read the whole writing just because it’s difficult to find out the main reason of the writing.
- Make your press release more authenticated by providing solid numbers and proof to what you are suggesting or revealing. If you are introducing a new trend, you should add review of famous or known personalities so that it looks more professional.
- If it’s possible, provide the references or your sources of information so that if someone has a doubt, he or she can verify the facts or figures.
- One page is fine but if you really want to discuss something in detail, two pages are more than enough.
- Include your personal and contact information at the end of the press release such as your name, email address and a link to some online source where the reader can read it or refer it to someone else.
- Once you have completed the writing, the most important thing to do is to proofread it and eliminate the grammatical and spellings mistakes. No matter how much research you conducted or how authenticated the facts are, if you have spelling mistakes or your grammar is not that good; people will immediately loose the interest in it.
Press Release Samples
Here are several free Press Release Samples to assist you in preparing and submitting your own Press Release easily.
Download link is bellow.
Fill in the Blanks Press Release Template
Download this Template to just fill-in your own details and come up with a Press Release of a Student Achievement in the Arts. This is quite a handy template that anyone can easily tailor to prepare a professional press release quickly. It contains all standard terms & conditions to help you prepare your own official press release much quickly.
Event Press Release Template
Here comes another useful Press Release Sample in DOCX format that you can study to understand how a good Press Release look like. Moreover, you can easily input your own details in the mentioned fields and then print it out to send to your Press Release syndicates. This is a simple yet very effective Press Release that can enable you to start writing Press Releases in as less as possible time.
Please click on the link bellow to start downloading this template.
Medical Press Release Templates
Please review following Press Release Sample related to Medical field. It is created on World Polio Day but can easily be modified to suit any other event or situation. Please read it carefully before selecting it to create your own Press Release.
Checkout following Press Release Template that includes all standard information that any Press Release should have. You can customize it as per your situation to input your specific details. You can see highlighted text in light green color that includes instructions as how you can customize this template to satisfy your needs.
Again, click on the link bellow to start downloading this Press Release Template.
Sports Press Release Template
If you want to promote a Sports Event in your area through Press Release then checkout following useful Press Release Template. This template includes all kinds of instruction to help you in preparing your own Press Release in as less time as possible.
Please find the download link button bellow.
Official Press Release Template
Here is another useful Official Press Release Template on a Letterhead to spread the news among your community members. Just click on the item you want to edit and hence you can also customize its colors or even the whole layout by picking & dropping these items.
Download link is bellow, just click on this button.
Yet another Medical Press Release Template to write up your Immediate Release for an upcoming event or informational campaign.
Click on the button bellow to start downloading this Press Release Template for an Immediate Release.