Here are some Shipping Label Templates created keeping in mind the special needs of merchandisers so that they can easily create their needed Shipping Labels for bigger packets or cartons. These Shipping Label Templates are created using MS Word or later to help an average MS Word User to edit and create his/her own Shipping Labels quickly and effectively. The size is defined particularly for bigger parcels and packets. Feel free to adjust it as per your own sizes of parcels.
An identification label that is dispatched on a container or a box to enlist the contents of the shipment or parcel is called a shipping label. The key purpose of a shipping label is to identify the contents of the delivery without actually opening the box so that if it reached the wrong address or something is missing, it can safely return to the shipper or cargo company. in international logistics, some countries need to check for FDA approval for the inside contents of a shipment and that approval can be put on the shipping label too so that there is no need to reopen it for inspection. This label also serves as the address carrier which provides the address and contact number of the person to whom it’s sent. Unlike a few years back, now companies use a special type of laminated labels that remain safe in wet weather and clearly show all the enlisted information as compared to a simple paper and glued label.
Elements of Shipping Label:
- Vendor’s name, address, and telephone number
- Returning address if it’s other than the vendor’s address
- Store’s name, street address, and phone numbers
- Country code along with city’s zip code
- Purchase order number and sales invoice number
- Article number
- The quantity which includes discussing each and every item in the shipment
- Information about the later coming parcels if there are any
- Barcode that can be scanned by a scanner or barcode reader
- Special instructions if necessary
Shipping label also has another use other than telling about the receiver’s address which is, presenting your company or business in the common market. You can create a different place for your brand and product by using a unique and colorful shipping label. You can use different labels for each kind of product or a common one for the entire business. You can put your company’s logo on the label which serves as a publicity technique aside from its basic purpose. Now companies use software or computer programs that are linked to the customer’s account in the company and when he buys something or places an order, the software puts his address on the label automatically and it saves the extra effort.
Free Shipping Label Templates:
Here are our professional-looking shipping label templates. These sample shipping labels can be used freely for any business. Here is its preview.
You can quickly grab this Shipping Label by pressing the below download button.
Here is the download button for this Shipping Label.
Key Benefits of using a Shipping Label:
- The most important benefit of a shipping label is that it designates the place where the parcel is going. This way the shipment company or delivery staff knows exactly where to deliver it and which person will receive it.
- Without opening the parcel, it provides information to the receiver of the delivery about the inside items and he can make sure if he has received what he ordered or if there is some mistake in the delivery.
- If the shipment charges are the receiver’s to pay, the shipping label or slip provides information about the shipper’s destination and the distance the delivery had traveled so that it’s possible to count the charges of shipment and delivery.
- The shipping label is also used in legal disputes if you haven’t received what is written on the label and by using this label, you can sue the shipment company or cargo firm in court for the claim of your goods or products you ordered.
Personalized Shipping labels are used by every shipper or business group operating online. However, this is also a fact that many of these are using either less attractive shipping labels or simple listings of customer addresses.