Whether it’s a private clinic or a hospital, most of the work and tasks are done by dentists and experienced doctors. But it doesn’t mean that they also have to do the clerical work and perform the duties that a 12-year-old can do easily. In order to cope with the responsibilities of a dentist and to provide assistance in casual matters both inside and outside the operation theater, dental assistants are hired. Usually, females are selected for this job as most of the time, kids come to the dentist and they feel more comfortable around a woman as compared to a man or male assistant. A dental assistant performs all kinds of responsibilities from welcoming the patients into the clinic to creating their files to getting to know their condition to preparing the operation table and equipment for the procedure.
Job responsibilities and duties of Dental Assistant:
- Welcoming the patients in the clinic
- Dealing with the patient and their family members
- Understanding the situation or condition of the patients and preparing their charts
- Escorting the families and patients to the waiting room
- Informing the dentist about the patients
- Preparing the operation table before the procedure and cleaning the table and equipment after the procedure
- Assisting the dentist inside the operation room with equipment and making the patient more comfortable during the procedure
- Giving patients the medicine and instructions about how to handle their surgery
- Providing patients and visitors with oral hygiene material i.e. pamphlets and brochures
- Answering phone calls and receiving deliveries for the dentist
Salary of Dental Assistant:
The job of a dental assistant is not very complicated or difficult so most of the time. Females and students are hired for this job. Students and females are preferable because of the flexible hours of work in the clinic. Usually, dental assistants are hired on an hourly basis where they earn around $10 per hour whereas many clinics and hospitals also hire assistants on a regular salary basis where they earn around $50000 per year.
Required skills for a Dental Assistant Resume:
- Good time management skills
- Excellent people skills
- Good communication skills
- Good learning skills
- Adaptability and analytical skills
- Good organizational skills
- Being a good team player
- Excellent hygiene skills
- Being able to assist doctors in operation theater
Useful tips for writing a Dental Assistant Resume:
- Put your name and contact details at the top and make the heading bold.
- Don’t overestimate yourself and try to find a tiny mistake in the resume inside the dense paragraphs.
- Highlight the skills you have which are necessary for the job and the related achievements you had during previous jobs which may help you at this job.
- If you have learned some extra skills about dental procedures, mention them in your resume but also leave something to talk about in the interview.
- It’s possible that you won’t have experience so in that case, you write details about relevant experiences you had previously which can remotely help you at this job.
Free Sample of Dental Assistant Resume:
Here is the preview of a Free Sample Dental Assistant Resume created using MS Word from another dental resume sample.
Here is the download button for this resume template.