A bid proposal is an important document written to propose a method for the completion of an available project. Usually, consultants or contractors write these proposals on the instructions of executives to proposed important methods for the execution of project. Some specific sections are important to include in the bid proposal, because there are some specific questions to be answered for the successful execution of a project. The structure of the whole project is based on the answers of each question. It is important to include detailed plan and project budget in the bid proposal.
Important conditions and guidelines for Official Use are:
- Start bid proposal with an introduction to understand the basic concept of project and give the reason why your method is beneficial for the better future of company. You should give complete overview and scope of project in the proposal for proper discussion.
- Your bid should describe your qualifications according to the requirements of project. Outline your expertise, education and capabilities in the field for the project completion.
- A detailed plan and schedule for the working on a project is always required. A perfect schedule enables you to explain your plan to the executives of company about total budget requirements and implementation of a marketing campaign. Bid proposal should contain comprehensive project plan to explain different phases of the project from start to finish.
- Prepare a list of individuals who will be the part of your project, and include the details of those individuals and resources that are required to be outsourced. It is important to take the advice of accountants, financial analysts and budget specialists while constructing a bid proposal for the project.
- Create budget for bidding proposal and divide the plan in different steps by including regular wedges, outsourcing fees and other additional charges to estimate budget according to the requirements of project.
- After completing bid proposal, write conclusion of the bidding proposal to help reader to find out why your bid is ideal according to the requirements of project. Outline benefits of your method and plan to persuade decision maker. Write an executive summary before introduction to give main idea of your proposal after title page.
Common Mistakes People Do
- Errors in calculations and use of wrong scale are common mistakes while placing a bid. You are required to use electronic calculations and always double check the quantities and pricing of project.
- It is important to verify quantities and required supplies, because bid required lump sum and unit price. You have to pay special attention on the instruction available for the bidders.
- Accurately price your proposal because too much or too low amount on the proposal can make the owner doubtful about the bid. Prepare a detailed proposal for the completion of job to present the number as requested in the proposal.
- Labor rates may vary from field to field according to the wages act and union salary rates. You are advised to consult local business laws and other reliable resources to get accurate rates.
Here are more screen shots of this free Bid Proposal Template created using MS Word 2013,
Here is download link for this Free Bid Proposal Template,