Here is a general purpose Packing List Template that can suit any purpose you want. It allows you to define Ship To and Ship From addresses as well as items to be shipped along with their quantity. Finally it allows you to write down size and weight of the cartons if applicable.
A packing list which is also called a packing slip or shipment slip, is an official document which is delivered with each shipment or delivery and this list shows all the details of the delivery; i.e. items, quantity, price etc. this list is sent by the vendor or shipper and the key purpose of this list is to inform the receiver about the parcel without opening it so that there is no misunderstanding or error in the delivery. With the help of this list, the receiver gets to know about the items included in the shipment, quantity of each item, a small description and weight of each item along with their prices. As this list contains the price of each item and a gross amount at the end, some companies also use it as an invoice. On one hand, this list shows the receiver the amount that he or she owes to the shipper and on the other hand, it serves as evidence if there is something wrong with the delivery or the consumer wants to return or exchange it. When the shipper sends the delivery, it’s not uncommon if the parcel is lost in the way over to the receiver or the buyer’s address is wrong and the delivery guy is standing in front of a wrong person. With the help of this packing list, it’s very easy to track the shipment because of a unique slip or list number printed on the slip.
Here is preview of this packing list template,
Here is a list of the necessary elements that a packing list must contain such as:
Key elements of a packing list:
- The company the shipment is from.
- Company log
- Company’s information like address, phone number, fax and email.
- The receiver’s information.
- Receiver’s name
- His complete address along additional details like phone numbers and postal code.
- Buyer’s order number for future reference.
- Information about the included items.
- The quantity of items
- Net weight of each item along with gross weight of the box
- Other necessary information.
- The date the buyer ordered the items
- Date the shipment was made by the sender
- Details of by what means the order was shipped
- The estimated time of delivery
- Comments (if any)
- If the items inside are fragile then the shipment should contain a note by the sender in order to keep the items safe.
Here is download link for this packing list template,
Related Word Templates:
- Purchase Order Template A purchase order is an official document which is sent by the seller or vendor to the purchaser. The key purpose of a purchase order is to specify the terms of purchase that exist between both the seller and the buyer. The purchase order is a formal document which enlists...
- Vacation Packing List Here is a Microsoft Word template for Vacation Packing List. This is a general purpose Packing List template that can suite any purpose you want such as vacation packing list, travel packing list, beach vacation packing list, college dorm packing list, cruise packing list and even business shipment packing list....
- Personalized Shipping labels Shipping label also has another use other than telling about the receiver’s address which is, presenting your company or business in the common market. You can create a different place for your brand and product by using a unique and colorful shipping label. You can use different labels for each...
- Travel Packing List Template Everyone is going to travel and when it comes to travel, you must need a Travel Packing List. Here is our Travel Packing List Template to help you quickly preparing your packing list without missing anything. This Packing list Template is createing using Microsoft Word 2003. Other than this template,...
- Shipping Label Templates Here are some Shipping Label Templates created keeping in mind special needs of merchandisers so that they can easily create their needed Shipping Labels for bigger packets or cartons. These Shipping Label Templates are created using MS Word 2003 or later to help an average MS Word User to edit...